Thursday, November 6, 2008

Shanghai Trip Day 11 - chilling out..

it was the most normal days that could have been... i started the day with my tutor and discussing the deliverables of my project for which i shall need to meet some chinese women and understand their lifestyles... that sounds pretty interesting... the day went out in surfing the net without any logic and i realized that the craze of photography is getting on me heavily now.. i just started regretting that my Canon Powershot S5IS, though a brilliant camera isn't a pure DSLR actually. But, then I might not have been able to afford one anyways..so no complaints... I am also recently feeling an inclination to biking... i have always been averse to bikes and cars and anything that is fast... was late to learn the bicycle even..in fact, i was for a long time, the only guy in my group who did not know how to ride a bicycle... i think i learned it sometime when i was in class 9th or something...

and as of bikes (i mean motorcycles), i wouldn't still say that i have learnt..i know how the gear works and how the clutch is pressed (mostly because i studied mechanical engineering), but if you ask about how do you move in a high traffic road or drive on a highway..i am way behind the social average... but somehow the concept of biking has started attracting me... might be because of my friends.. first it was deepak who was always crazy about hitting the roads... he learnt car driving when he was in class 7... but he did not infect me much untill he bought a Royal Enfield Thunderbird. It is a damn sexy bike... and then it was the other friend Abhimanyu who alo bought a Royal Enfield Bullet first and then a Royal Enfield Machismo... It had started making an effect on me now... I had started surfing the websites of royal enfield and thinking if i really wanted to have one...

the final blow struck when abhimanyu went out on this heroic trip of his all the way from Mumbai to Leh... It inspired me...it showed me light... i do want to join the bandwagon sometime in life...how soon..am not sure... Manyu has ever since travelled through rajsthan and then back to delhi and then jhrakhand via UP and is presently headed north-east. He shall remain a source of inspiration for me for long...

Well, today I was suggested by one of the colleagues that I could go outside of Shanghai also if I wanted to..there are some cool places nearby with a lot of cultural and natural sights. I haven't thought of it... first i want to get done with the shanghai main spots and tick off the major ones... if there is time still, i might try going out of shanghai...not knowing how to speak Mandarin may pose a barrier though...nevertheless..we will see...

the day ended with watching a Bond movie and doing some shopping of few chinese biscuits and snacks... Had maggie and slept early... nothing so special today...

No comments: