Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Shanghai Trip Day 24 - Winter is Here

Murphy seems to be my oldest (and most faithful) friend. There is a famous law by his name that says, "If anything can go wrong, it will" and there are bazillion corollaries of his law.One of them being "If you take forget the umbrella in the cafe, it will rain" and the other one says, "if you wear a raincoat, it will be a sunny day all out"

Similarly, whenever I wore a heavy jacket for the cold here, it would turn out to be sunny and I would appear funnily overdressed. Today, i dressed normally with a half-sleeve shirt and a nominal sports jacket, and.... it was awfully cold today. The temperature was around 14 degrees but the wind made it much more chilly. I reached office somehow. Missed my hair again. :(

Showed the first draft of my report to my tutor. She gave a few comments that I will put in tomorrow. On my way back, I had planned to do some shopping, but the cold evening drove me home directly. I had thought I will cook the last piece of Indian food that I am left with, "ITC Aashirvaad Ready To Eat Paneer Butter Masala" and have it with rice, mixed with aaloo bhujia and chaat masala. This is my latest recipe, in which a ready-to-eat dish is heated with just-boiled-rice along with a lot of chat masala. That gives a salty-sour taste and makes it a sticky biryani type of look. A lot of Haldiram Aloo Bhujia is sprinkled over it before serving that gives it the crunchy feel. Served hot with a coke/sprite. :)

On my way home, though I bought some cakes and a few soft drinks and some chips as well. Back in my room, sat with the chips and cakes, and before I could know, I had already eaten two packets of chips and one cake. Drank a lot of water. Didn't feel like cooking. It was damn cold. I just reached the bed at 8:30 pm and slept like a pig.

No comments: